Trainers and Instructors are vital to our mission. Why? Because Hillside Canine LLC trains roughly 4,000 dogs each year. We have an outstanding track record of providing the highest quality training and achieving results when no one else can. That reputation lies with you! As a Trainer/Instructor, you will be responsible for the training of our furry guests. We work with everything from basic obedience and puppy manners to severe aggression and behavior modification cases.
Trainers/Instructors are expected to project a professional appearance and be able to effectively communicate with clients and staff alike. The ability to self-motivate and stay on task is imperative to keep up with this fast-paced and physically-demanding, yet extremely rewarding career! You must also be able to effectively articulate all training methods to a client.
- Work with dogs! Who wouldn't want that?!
- Learn animal behavior as you interact with thousands of dogs in a given year.
- Quick and defined growth opportunities. The more you learn the faster you're promoted!
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities:
- Train all dogs in our board and train programs and guests taking advatage of our boarding/daycare training add-on service.
- Teach public and current-client group classes
- Work on-on-one with clients in private lessons
- Take dogs in and out of kennels for feeding, exersize, and medication
- Supervise playgroup and daycare for resort guests
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Physical ability to lift dogs up to 50lbs, squat, and scoop
- Ability to work outdoors in Arizona heat
- Be dependable, punctual, and very responsible
- Communicate in a professional and compassionate manner
- Follow directions and pick up complex concepts quickly
The kennel technician position works closely with all dogs in our boarding and daycare programs and has the potential to work with cats in our future feline programs. This is an entry-level position, we provide on-site training to the right candidates.
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining dog suites
- leading dogs to and from the play yard
- supervising social activities between dogs
- keeping up on feed and water schedules,
- giving tours of the facilities, and more...
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds unassisted
- Strong love and compassion for dogs
- Friendly Disposition and Team Player attitude
- Strong nerve to easily handle dogs of all breeds and temperaments
- Self motivated problem solver, not identifier
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities:
This full-time position will facilitate both office duties and services of Hillside Canine. It is a blend of customer service and all aspects of animal care. Duties include:
- Handle scheduling for boarding, daycare, training, grooming, and dog sales
- Answer phones in a friendly and professional manner
- Coordinate purchasing and inventory of supplies
- Greet current and potential clients
- Coordinate day-to-day operations in a hands-on manner
- Give tours of facilities, give out treats to visitors
- Walk dogs to and from front office to grooming and canine suite areas
- Accept payments and handle cash
- Answer questions about services and record data for marketing purposes
- Strong ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Reliable Transportation (no public transit to our location)
- Strong communications skills both written and oral
- Physical requirements: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, A love of dogs and their humans